Hospitality Manager - Job Description
We're all about creating a place worthy of our dogs and one that's human-friendly too! Love being around dogs and want a fun, casual work environment? Especially if you have experience coaching teams or managing restaurants/bars... We're looking for YOU!
Primary Purpose: To drive the guest experience and overall hospitality at Doggos through owning successful daily operations and guest rentals, and assisting the GM with staff management and executing various projects/initiatives.
- Hourly, Non-Exempt Full Time at $17-$20 per hour (depending on experience), paid bi-weekly via direct deposit
- Bring your dog to work
- Paid time off for your birthday
- 1 Week Paid Time Off after 90 Days
- 100% Paid Medical Benefits after 60 days
- Vision & Dental Insurance Optional after 60 days
- Free employee membership to Doggos and friends & family membership discount rates for your friends
- Employee discounts on non-alcoholic products and merchandise
- Monthly gift cards to spend while hanging out at Doggos
- Staff snack and beverage area available daily, and quarterly staff socials
- Fun work environment with other awesome dog people that just want to create a place worthy of our dogs
- Oversee daily operations in a manner that produces the best guest & staff outcomes
- Planning and managing guest rentals & assisting GM in executing store events
- Ensure guest needs, questions, and complaints are being handled properly
- Assist GM in ongoing staff management, coaching, and training
- Oversee daily operations, ensuring tasks are done in timely & correct fashion
- Provide positional support in dog park, bar, or check-in desk during daily shifts
- Meet performance targets set forth for operations, such as labor targets or specific KPIs assigned by management
- Manage inventory for all business areas, receive product selection from GM, coordinating timely delivery and payment to vendors, as well as organization of stock
- Monitor and enforce compliance with all safety procedures, cleanliness standards, facility standards, and operating guidelines to keep Doggos safe and enjoyable for all staff, human and dog members and guests
- Assist with other business operations, tasks, and projects as needed
- Daily monitoring of staff to enforce compliance with standards and procedures
- Acting as manager on duty during daily shifts
- Prepare weekly staff schedules and manage time-off requests
- Assist GM in onboarding and training of new staff, including proper on-boarding (scheduling, training, ordering shirts, etc.) and training according to Doggos’ standards
- Manage employees’ daily shifts and job responsibilities, assigning daily and weekly tasks required to support the overall business’ goals and operating needs (all roles)
- Assist GM in managing staff, including but not limited to coaching, performance review meetings, weekly huddles, general staff meetings and education, team building exercising, disciplinary action, goal setting, etc.
Guest Experience & Hospitality:
- Ensure guest and member needs are addressed quickly, warmly, and completely and take corrective action or conference with GM where needed, according to Doggos’ policies
- Identify customer experience gaps and bring a problem-solving mindset to address those gaps before they become an issue
- Assist GM in brainstorming and carrying out various strategies to meet Doggos’ goals
- Own, schedule, and coordinate birthday parties and guest rentals
- Manage dog and member data, communicating with members when needed to update records, handle membership sign ups and cancellations, holds, etc.
Essential Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Leadership skills and ability to help others achieve their goals
- Strong event planning and/or organizational skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills, with strong emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills and use of creativity
- Effective time management, delegation, and follow up skills
- The preference for a fast-paced job, with exposure to the outdoors, and heavy customer interaction
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts proactively
- Ability to work independently towards goals
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Any combination of education and experience that would be equivalent to effective management capability in this field.
Schedule & Shifts:
This position is full-time and will primarily serve as a closing manager during the week and will require regular weekend shifts. We anticipate shifts will be roughly 12-9p, with an opening 9a-6p on Sat or Sun depending on the week's rotation. You will have an hour for lunch.
We typically have a set schedule, but we try to rotate a weekend day for our key personnel to give them a break a couple times a month. Discuss your scheduling concerns with the GM during your interview.
- Carrying & Lifting: This role involves regular carrying or lifting of items as much as 30lbs in weight, such as bar inventory, 20lb propane tanks, retail supplies, cleaning supplies, as well as moving dog park equipment, furnishings, etc.
- Standing & Walking: This role requires fast-paced walking, standing for long hours and involves kneeling, and squatting, and bending over. -
- Weather: This role requires you to be outdoors for long, continuous periods of time and work in an un-conditioned environment where you may be in direct sunlight and high heat, rain, cold weather, etc.
We are currently looking for a full-time hospitality manager (assistant manager). We are looking to have the role filled immediately.
Please visit Hospitality Manager - Doggos Dog Park and Pub to apply.