The U.S. Small Business Administration North Carolina District Office is dedicated to sparking change and igniting action so small businesses can confidently start, grow, and expand.
To support this initiative, the NCDO is hosting Let’s Talk Business: Reignite North Carolina series.
The series will begin on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 and will put attendees in a virtual environment (MS Teams) with representatives from local banks, resource partners, and community stakeholders. The Series will consist of six virtual events aimed to provided information on SBA’s resources and programs, such areas will include: access to capital, federal contracting, and entrepreneurial development. Additionally, updates will be given regarding the Paycheck Protection Program and the Economic Injury Disaster Loan.
All events are free and open to small businesses owners, non-profits, and faith-based organization; millennial and minority business owners are also strongly encouraged to attended.
Events will address the following topics:
- August 26 Session 1: Fire Up w/ Brian Hamilton
- Sept 2 Session 2: You have your PPP- What’s next?
- Sept 9 Session 3: An update on the EIDL Program
- A discussion of the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program, a direct loan to help small businesses and other organizations to recover from the economic effects of COVID-19. Featuring speakers from the SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance.
- Register for this session at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lets-talk-business-reignite-nc-you-have-your-eidl-what-now-tickets-116885721339 [gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com]
- Sept 16 Session 4: Building a Sustainable Business Strategy amid COVID 19
- Sept 23 Session 5: Fuel Your Business with SBA Funding
- Sept 30 Session 6: The World’s Largest Opportunity for Small Business: The U.S. Government
- The Federal Government is the world's largest buyer of goods and services. Last year, nearly $5 billion were awarded to businesses located in North Carolina. Forty three percent of those dollars were awarded to North Carolina's small businesses. The panel session will include the Procurement Technical Assistance Center, North Carolina Military Business Center, and the U.S. Small Business Administration, and will address common contracting questions, resources available, and how to get certified as a small business to sell your goods and services to the federal government. The session will also feature a guest speaker who will share how he leveraged the 8(a) certification to build relationships and increase revenue in the federal marketplace.
- Register for this session at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lets-talk-business-reignite-nc-small-business-the-us-government-tickets-116887358235 [gcc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com]